Saturday, September 05, 2015

Billy Corgan's Embrace of Donald Trump Is Not Advanced and Here's Why

So Billy Corgan is into what Donald Trump is doing for politics, saying
“I think what’s cool, and I’m not saying I agree politically, but I think what’s cool is Trump’s running chaos theory. He’s forcing a lot of things out into the open, so they can’t control this, whatever that control is. It’s like the music business, everybody gets controlled, and somebody comes along that fucks it all up."
This is not Advanced because it's not Trump's policies he agrees with but his disruption of the normal political process. So that's just an Overt "stick it to the man" position if you ask me. Here's more:
“I would argue at this point is there any difference between politics and entertainment?"
Yes, because if you vote for a bad contestant on The Voice, nothing happens. If you choose a bad president or governor, the consequences are real. Of course there is an element of entertainment in politics, but that has always been the case.

I would have expected more from a man with a deep love of professional wrestling, cats, and Disneyland.

You Can Do Better, Billy

No comments: