Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Joaquin Phoenix Making a Record With Tim Burgess

According to Reuters, it's true:
Actor Joaquin Phoenix, who played Johnny Cash on the big screen, is cutting an album with Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess, Billboard.com has learned. But whether the set will be released remains unclear.

"Once he learned guitar, he found that he had quite a lot of demons inside himself that he wanted to expel through music," says Burgess, who has been mixing the record alongside Alan McGee, the Charlatans' manager and former head of U.K. independent label Creation Records.

But it seems that the perfectionism that has brought Phoenix acclaim as an actor could prevent the record from ever seeing the light of day.

This is not actual Advancement because I don't think Phoenix (or Burgess) rises to that level, but he did play somebody Advanced, so I thought I'd tell you about it. One thing I'm not sure about: Is it more Advanced for him to release the record or not?

3 comments:

Mark Elliot Cullen said...

I'm not sure if it's advanced to release it or not, but giving it away for free online would definitely be overt... or would it?

Unknown said...

I think it would be Overt because it takes more guts for JP to release a real record. If he were to give it away, it would just be kind of chicken.

Anonymous said...

I think not releasing it would be more advanced.