Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Thuggy Stardust

Boing Boing has a link to something theoretically interesting:
The Rise and Fall of Thuggy Stardust and the Hustlers from Mars is MAN-CAT's mashup album in which all the tracks from David Bowie's classic Ziggy Stardust album are mixed with a wide-ranging variety of gangsta rap. None of these tracks floored me, but they all raised a smile and some of them were positively bumptious.
It's not Advanced of me, but I usually find this sort of project underwhelming. Anyway, if you want to listen, go here. As for me, I'm going to go back to thinking about Chaucer's retraction and whether it was an early sign of Advancement. I'm inclined to think it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since my undergrad days at USC, I have wondered whether the retraction was just a way to steer people to the rest of his works. Either way, a way Advanced move on his part, I think.

Teacherfriend

Anonymous said...

Is "Creep" by Radiohead sort of Advanced in reverse?