Monday, September 24, 2007

Daniel Lanois Is What Is

Daniel Lanois has worked with a lot of Advanced artists (there's some good stuff about him in Bob Dylan's autobiography), so you might be interested in this:
‘Here Is What Is’, which premieres at the Toronto Film Festival this week, is a ‘sonic, filmic, journey’ documenting life in the studio with Daniel Lanois. It covers a year in which Lanois collaborated with musicians as diverse as Willie Nelson and Sinead O’Connor, Aaron Neville and Billy Bob Thornton. And as the year also included a trip to Fez in Morocco, the film features footage of Lanois and Brian Eno working on new material with U2. Danny came up with an exclusive advance clip for U2.Com - including the very first footage of the band recording with Danny and Brian in Morocco.
You can see it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does someone has already downloaded the daniel lanois' new album here is what is and would sell me a copy of it (mp3) with a price cheaper than 9,99?
I'm a fan of U2 and I have a curiosity about this album that sounds like passengers original soundtracks 1, but I don't want to pay 9,99 to the Art & Faith Label.
Well I know that it's not really legal what I'm trying to do, but I hope someone could help me anyway.
It will be just a way of beeing curios on Lanois music. No ebay sell at the moment.
I'm looking forward your answer.
Best regards, your sincerely
Vincenzo (from Italy)
clfanzine@tiscali.it