Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cream Reuniting: Not a Fantasy

As you probably know, I hate Eric Clapton but Cream is the one project he was involved in that I liked. Still, I don't know how excited I am about this reunion. Jack Bruce tells us all about it:
Bruce would not say when the reunion would occur, but that it would not be the seven-continent Live Earth shows on July 7: "It's a bit later than that." Bruce recently told the Scotsman newspaper there was no chance the band would reunite because of long-standing tension between him and [Ginger] Baker. "Then, the next day, it came up we're doing something if I wanted to. Obviously, I'm not going to be the one to say no," Bruce told the AP during an appearance at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.
This is probably Overt of me, but there is a clue within that quote that tells us why Bruce is open to a Cream reunion despite his differences with Baker. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ride off on a steamer to the violence of the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read this and it made me laugh. Wish she had capitalized "overt". Your theory is taking over the west coast as well.

Didn't know how to get a hold of you, so here it is. http://www.ocweekly.com/music/music/cd-review/27183/

Take care,

Jason