Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rufus Wainwright and Lou Reed: Advancement at Carnegie Hall

I have an Advanced spy who had a spy at Advanced-Aspirant Rufus Wainwright's Christmas concert at Carnegie Hall. Here's the second-hand report, as reported by the third hand, me:

"I'm getting reports that Rufus Wainwright's xmas concert at Carnegie Hall was an advanced fest last night, including a 'White Christmas' duet withLou Reed- after Lou did a feedback guitar accompanied 'Silent Night'.Wow.Oh, he was also wearing slippers...."

Like I said, not liking Christmas is Overt. I think Rufus Wainwright was sort of born into Advancement, but I'll have to think that one over. I wonder if he'll show up in the staging of Berlin? Did I mention I'll be at that show tomorrow?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my spy, here is a list of people onstage:
It was Rufus and Martha Wainwright’s christmas show, so they were there. Also Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Antony, Jimmy Fallon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson, Linda Thompson (and her kids Teddy and some woman).
Jimmy Fallon? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is off topic, but I was on Lou's website (which by the way is supringly cool) and there's a video of him talking to Bob Dylan. They're both wearing black leather jackets and have the long hair in the back.

Bob Dylan mentions something about producers who listen to the record too much... highly advanced.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jase........it's Friday afternoon. If you are not doing anything tonight, why not just chill at home, drink some beer, and listen to the new Justin Timberlake album again......That is, if there isn't anything going on tonight...........

Teacherfriend

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the show. I didn't take it seriously until I heard of Bob Ezrin and Steve Hunter's participation. Sounds pretty good. Here's a photo of lou and alice i thought you might like.

Anonymous said...

sorry bout that link

lou and alice

Anonymous said...

hey, here's a youtube of the white christmas duet. it's superb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl8EjI7pXJ4&mode=related&search=

i am on pins and needles for the report on berlin

Anonymous said...

A couple months ago I heard a version of Respect that sounded just like Waiting For The Man.
Turns out it was a 1967 version by The Vagrants featuring a young Leslie West. You can hear it here
the vagrants