Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Danzig: It's a Black Thing

Glenn Danzig's Blackest of the Black tour will stick to the West Coast because he likes to be near his home. Here's the scoop, from livedaily:

"I want to do shows where I feel like I won't be wasting my whole day away," Danzig said. "You're on stage for only two hours a night. The rest of the day, I'm stuck in a hotel or a bus or something. This way, it's only two weeks. Pretty much, if I can't fly home in an hour or two, I can drive home. I think it will be much easier for me to do."

"Last month, Danzig released "Black Aria II," the follow up to 1993's 'Black Aria,' which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Classical chart. Produced, written and--with a couple of exceptions--performed by Glenn, 'Black Aria II'" tells the story of a rebel of ancient lore--Lilith, Adam's wife before Eve."

"They're talking about doing it as some kind of Vegas show, some kind of Sarah Brightman or Cirque du Soleil thing or something," he said. "We'll see if that happens. They came to me first and said, 'Would you be opposed to this?' I thought about it for awhile and I said, 'That might actually be kind of cool.' They want to do this ['Black Aria' album] and the first one together. I told them, 'When there's something ready to show me on paper, bring it to me and let me look at it.' I'm not opposed to the idea."

If you don't think that Glenn Danzig is Advanced, you're crazy.

No comments: