Friday, September 15, 2006

YouTube in Trouble, John Peel's Favorites, Beck and the Puppets, U2 and Green Day at Abbey Road, the Who Get Sirius Channel

  • The beginning of the end for YouTube? Or, as Churchill said, the end of the beginning? (Thank you Inside the NFL!)
  • A compilation of John Peel's favorites is on its way. I'm kind of surprised to see "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls on the track listing, but hey, he was the master. (By the way, I went to see Spice World and Blues Brothers 2000 on the same day. I was in quite an Advanced state of mind that day.)
  • Beck will be doing a few dates in support of his newest record and will be joined onstage by puppets. When I saw the headline for this story, I had hoped that the Meat Puppets were opening for him, but this is pretty good. (Another by the way: I once was in a puppet company.)
  • Not content just to cover songs with Green Day, U2 covered an album cover (Abbey Road) with them too.
  • The Who will be hosting their own channel on Sirius. I can't wait until Yahoo! has their own Sirius channel. I wonder what they could name it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Sirius. Well done.

According to imdb.com, he turned 53 in July. Hard to believe I have been watching and loving Young Einstein for 18 years. Where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - you got me to check the John Peel track listing!

A very good listing but does miss out his pre-punk favourites though (I started listening to him in about '72)