Thursday, July 20, 2006

Radiohead Go Reggae, plus Ozzy Doesn't Need a Label, iPods and Street Crime, Andy Summers and Danny Devito, the UnWho

  • A reggae version of OK Computer? I and I can't wait!
  • Ever the innovator, Ozzy Osbourne will not seek another record deal after his current one with Epic expires because he says he's a big enough star not to need a label. Actually, Sharon said that while Ozzy shook his head in confused agreement.
  • In the UK, iPods are the new Air Jordans. Be careful out there...
  • Andy Summers is very busy these days: He has an autobiography, a photo book, an album with Ben Verdery, and my favorite, scoring an upcoming "star vehicle for Danny Devito." By the way, the Taxi theme song is one of the greatest pieces of music of all time.
  • I find it slightly depressing that the Who don't get to choose their own tour slogan. Then again I'm relieved they didn't think up "Uncut. Uncensored. Unrepentant."

No comments: