- The New York Dolls have a new security detail making sure their audience is dressed properly. No, not the Hell's Angels. It's PBS.
- I love the lineup for the Big Star tribute record: R.E.M., Ryan Adams, and Big Star. Appearing on your own tribute record is a nice move.
- Izzy Stradlin, the Brian Jones of Guns and Roses, joined Axl on the stage last night. Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of his name?
- Use of MP3 players will decline, CDs are practically obsolete, but you can't stop vinyl.
- Slate is covering the Eurovision Song Contest in diary form. Dear diary: I hope Lordi wins.
- Myvu: "An awesome media viewing experience allowing you enjoy high-quality video content anytime, anywhere, and anyway you want!" Plus, it makes you look like Geordie!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
New York Dolls Dress Code, plus Big Star Tribute, Izzy and Axl, Vinyl's Last Laugh, Eurovision Song Contest, Myvu for the Next Generation
Posted by Advanced Genius Theory at 5:02 PM