Tuesday, April 18, 2006

ATB: Berry Gordy Musical, Lennon Sibling Rivalry, Mary J. Blige Blinged by God, Jamie Foxx, Franz Ferdinand's $50M Mistake, Jack White Has Brass Ones

  • Berry Gordy's Motown musical, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, will debut in LA next summer. Great, now I won't be able to get to sleep for a year and a half. (Because I'll be so excited about the musical.)
  • Julian and Sean Lennon will be releasing albums at the same time, reigniting their "long-running feud." Too bad John's not around to neglect Julian's album in favor of Sean's. (That's harsh, I know, but I'm always pulling for Julian, poor guy.)
  • God wants Mary J. Blige to wear bling. And so do I.
  • Jamie Foxx says he's here "to save R&B." Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, I guess.
  • Franz Ferdinand have turned down $50 million to do an ads because they worried that they would be "squandering [their] integrity." Being Overt really doesn't pay...
  • ...but being Jack White does: He made some music for Coca-Cola commercials, for which I'm sure he will be paid handsomely. Did I mention that the tune is "brass led"? I've got high hopes for him.

No comments: