Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Advanced Notice: Buffet or Buffet? Plus, Franz Ferdinand, Sparks, "Pet Sounds," Vic Chestnut, the Pogues, How to Start an International Incident

  • Who is a better businessman: Jimmy Buffet or Warren Buffet?
  • I hope that Apple gets to keep their iTunes Music Store, but I'm not sure I'm buying their arguments in court.
  • Franz Ferdinand is planning to do a record of covers by Sparks. (Wait, Franz Ferdinand isn't already a cover band?) I'm okay with anything that calls attention to Sparks.
  • Speaking of tribute/cover albums, a bunch of people are redoing Pet Sounds. Vic Chestnut will do "You Still Believe in Me," while Nobody and the Mystic Chords of Memory with Farmer Dave does "That's Not Me." Personally, I'm more excited about the Sparks thing.
  • There is an article in the Village Voice about the Pogues reunion. I stopped reading it, though, when I read that Saint Patrick was "just a subliterate pawn at the right place, right time." Kind of like Village Voice writers! (Kid because love, etc.)
  • If you don't want to start an international incident, don't listen to "The Immigrant Song," "London Calling," or "Nowhere Man" in a taxi. "A Whiter Shade of Pale" is fine, though.

No comments: