Friday, December 23, 2005

The Who to Tour in '06

From rollingstone.com:

The Who will launch a world tour this summer that will bring the band to North America for its first extended trek in nearly four years. "We plan to visit the USA, Europe, Japan, Australia and also South America," manager Bill Curbishley says.

"I don't want to stop, and I don't think Pete does," frontman Roger Daltrey told Rolling Stone in the fall. The Who have been working on a new album, Who2, on and off for the past decade and are scheduled to go back into the studio in February. There's no word on whether the summer tour will feature new songs, but in March guitarist Pete Townshend posted in his online diary, "I feel I can't tour any more with the Who without a new record."

Townshend's girlfriend, singer-songwriter Rachel Fuller, may open some dates on the tour.
---------
Well, I guess it's been worth it, then.

No comments: