Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bono and Alicia Keys Won't Give Up

From Yahoo!:

Bono and Alicia Keys are teaming up for the kids. The artists have joined forces to record the single "Don't Give Up (Africa)," and will donate all proceeds to Keep A Child Alive, an organization that provides medicine to families infected with AIDS and the HIV virus.

The song will be available exclusively through iTunes Music Store, beginning on Tuesday. Bono and Keys first performed the charity ballad together Nov. 3 in New York at the Black Ball, Keep A Child Alive's annual fundraiser, where Keys took the stage, playing her trademark piano and Bono sang via satellite from a remote location. The song was originally recorded as "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush for Gabriel's 1986 album So. "I love this song," Keys said in a statement. "And I love Bono. I really respect what he has done for Africa and how he has used his fame to do good in the world. I hope I can do half as much in my life.
--------
I hope this will be better than Jim Kerr and Vanessa Carlton's "Bigtime (Greenland)."

No comments: