Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ozzy Osbourne's Rasputin Musical

From contactmusic.com:

Rocker OZZY OSBOURNE has fulfilled a lifelong ambition and written a musical - about the Russian mystic RASPUTIN. The BLACK SABBATH frontman was inspired to write the unlikely script after watching a BBC documentary about the womanising Romanov hellraiser, whom Osbourne considers a spiritual ancestor.

He says, "It's a major achievement for me, because I've always wanted to do it. "He's like the original rock star, you know? I said to myself, 'What better thing to write about?' "I always wanted to do a musical for the West End or Broadway. If it gets picked up it gets picked up, but it was a lot of fun to do anyway. "Being Ozzy Osbourne is great, but if I don't sing about the f**king devil or bats or whatever, people don't really want to know."
------------
It really is a crime that Ozzy has pigeonholed, but he doesn't have to bite our heads off about it.

No comments: