Thursday, July 14, 2005

Whole Lot of Nothing

It continues to be slow in the Advanced world. I always get a lot of Lou Reed updates from various sources, but most of them have to do with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. He's not playing for them (though it might be an improvement), but Lou Pinella is the manager, and they've got a guy named Reed. Also in my updates, though, I often read about some singer I've never heard of who "sings like Lou Reed." I have never heard anyone capable of singing like Lou Reed in my life. And what does that mean exactly? He's had so many different singing styles over the years. If you listen to his voice in, say, "Stupid Man" and, oh, anything from "Berlin," it's like he's a totally different person. As I have written before, it's Advanced to completely alter your singing voice. The best example of this is Bob Dylan's "Lay Lady Lay" voice.

No comments: