Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Neil Young and Jonathan Demme

According to ol' reliable billboard.com, Neil Young is making a concert movie with Jonathan Demme:

Although details are still under wraps, singer/songwriter Neil Young will be the subject of a concert film to be taped in August at Nashville's Grand Ole Opry, Billboard.com has learned. The as-yet-untitled project will be directed by Jonathan Demme ("The Silence of the Lambs," "Philadelphia"). As previously reported, Young has been recording a new album in Nashville with such collaborators as keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel. A release date for the set is unconfirmed.
-----
I'm hoping the concert will feature an all-rockabilly version of "Greendale." Maybe with a little reggae thrown in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read about this too on a Demme website. I met Demme years ago-- awesome guy. The project, from my undrestanding, is named "The Complex Sessions". I found it at theargonomist.com

Demme doing Greendale? I'm so IN!