Friday, April 22, 2005

Setzer Doesn't Stray From Formula

According to billboard.com, Brian Setzer is busy:

"Stray Cats principal Brian Setzer has set a July 26 release date for his next Surfdog album, 'Rockabilly Riot Vol. One -- A Tribute to Sun Records.' The 23-track set features covers of such tracks as Carl Perkins' 'Blue Suede Shows,' Warren Smith's 'Red Cadillac & a Black Moustache' and Johnny Cash's 'Get Rhythm.'

Setzer is backed on the set by the Nash-Villains, consisting of drummer Bernie Dresel, bassist Mark Winchester and pianist Kevin McKendree. In other news, Setzer is readying another Christmas album, 'Dig That Crazy Christmas,' for an October release via Surfdog. The collection will include new versions of 'Jingle Bell Rock,' 'My Favorite Things' and 'White Christmas,' among others."

Setzer may not be Advanced exactly, but I sure do like him for some reason. I remember think when I first heard the Stray Cats (on HBO's "Video Jukebox") that he had a great voice and that it was too bad his band would never be popular. Shows you what I know, I guess.

No comments: