Monday, April 04, 2005

George Jones: Duets, Part Deux

According to Yahoo!, George Jones has an updated version of an old duets album coming out. Here's the story:

The 1979 duets album "George Jones: My Very Special Guests" has grown nearly three times larger for its May 31 reissue by Columbia/Legacy.

...Beyond such expected duets partners as Tammy Wynette ("It Sure Was Good") and outlaw pals Johnny Paycheck ("Proud Mary"), Willie Nelson ("I Gotta Get Drunk") and Waylon Jennings ("Night Life"), the original Epic album also found Jones breaking from Nashville to record with [Elvis] Costello ("Stranger in the House"), James Taylor ("Bartender's Blues") and members of Dr. Hook ("I Still Hold Her Body (But I Think I've Lost Her Mind)").

...The set also finds Jones working with artists from outside of traditional Nashville, including blues great B.B. King ("Patches") and the late Ray Charles ("We Didn't See a Thing" featuring Chet Atkins).
-------
George Jones is an Advanced Country Musician. My favorite of all his album titles has to be "High-Tech Redneck."

No comments: