Friday, February 18, 2005

Billy Idol Regenerated

From soundgenerator.com:

Melodic punk rock troubadour Billy Idol has revealed details of his first new studio album in over 10 years. "Devil's Playground" is set for release on March 22 across the US and is his first with new label Sanctuary: "Enough!" said Idol in a statement, "2005 is the time for an original punk rocker to show his stuff."

The former Generation X rocker, who scored huge hits with 'White Wedding' and 'Dancing With Myself', says he distanced himself from the music business to 'regenerate, get free of myself and make an album for the right reasons."
--------
I would love to know what the "right reasons" are. And you have to appreciate his calling himself the "original punk rocker," even though I'm pretty sure not even he believes it. Does Billy Idol rise to the level of Advancement? I'm not quite sure, but I'm pretty sure that he would say he does. By the way, he is 50 years old.

No comments: