Monday, December 06, 2004

Rainy Days and Mondays

It's a rainy day and it's Monday, which must mean I'm doubly down. What's worse is that nothing is going on in the world of Advancement. Billy Idol is coming out with a new record, which is promising. I missed the Bob Dylan interview on "60 Minutes" and foolishly forgot to set the recorder. Unless the interview is next week, in which case, forget that. I've got some thoughts about Elvis that I hope to share a little later. For now, I'll just say that he made the only truly cool Christmas song, "Santa Claus Is Back in Town" (I think that's the title). I remember when the Honeydrippers--Advanced, by the way--covered that song on "SNL," and it really knocked me out. Really great backup singing. There are other good Christmas songs, of course, but none of them rise to the level of "cool," a word that I'm sort of embarrassed to use, though it perfectly describes what I'm talking about. And this blog is not the place to be embarrassed, so what the heck.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more for you this afternoon.

No comments: